Feb 7, 2010

Dream glass

Once in a while, you can put your hand on a beautiful lens, one that pleasantly surprises you beyond all expectations. That happened to me a few weeks ago, when a good friend passed me a nice copy of Nikon’s AF180mm f/2.8ED tele.

_DS75461w My very first shot with the lens – even before I paid for it…

I have always been a fan of narrow depth-of-field pictures, and especially so for shooting close candids of people. But if on top you also get a crack sharp image, excellent micro-contrast and soft creamy blurs, the party really gets on!

_DS75678w A chilly January morning at the Belgian coast.

I have no doubt that you will get to see more pictures from this lens on blog posts to come…

_DS76000w Outside Antwerp’s central railway station.

Gear notes: D700, 180/2.8D

Click on the image(s) to see a larger version

No comments: