Apr 20, 2010

24/7

Some cities never go to sleep, and Hong Kong is definitely one of those. Behind the shiny lights and bright colors, a restless anthill just goes on and on. The beautiful cityscapes at night are but one more expression of the pulsing energy of this part of Asia.

DSC_6172w

DSC_6143w
These images were made during a business visit that had me in the city for just a few days. When being outside in the evening,
I took advantage of every opportunity to grab a shot, walking the streets or stepping onto a hotel balcony way up there. No tripod, just shooting handheld on the go.

DSC_5467w   DSC_5414w
My last visit to Hong Kong dates from 2005 already. I have no doubt that much has changed since. I wish I could go back there soon, not only to discover the city once again, but to find out what today’s sensors – like the one in my D700 – would allow me to capture differently.

DSC_6189w

DSC_6226w

Gear notes: D70, 35/2.0, 50/1.8, Sigma 12-24HSM

Click on the image(s) to see a larger version

No comments: