Nov 4, 2010

Daughterhood and pecan pie

My daughter, like my wife, loves to bake. Cakes, muffins, pies… it doesn’t matter as long as it’s sweet. She recently embarked on a venture to try out all the recipes in one of her preferred baking guides , cover-to-cover. That is: each and every one of them. This pecan pie was the first one to tackle.

_DS70990w
I could not resist to capture the outcome of this experiment for future reference. The problem: I came by late,
and my daughter and wife were already dying to have a taste. So I had to hurry and make do with just the overhead halogen ceiling spots for lighting (well, that and a piece of white cardboard for fill, and a small mirror to enhance the texture along the side). Yes, I do know better, but I also have learned not to stand (for long) between impatient women and a plate of sweets…

_DS70986w
All of this took less than five minutes, start to finish. My dearest bakers have promised though to next time not putting on the whipped cream before I have the camera set up. There’s a start!

Gear notes: D700, 90/2.8 SP Di

Click on the image(s) to see a larger version

No comments: